Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blessed

I am so blessed and it makes me cry. Yesterday, my wonderful husband took the day off to celebrate my birthday. I was so excited because we were going to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday but then they call and say they have to reschedule me because there were two women who were in active labor. I later told Alex that today was a good day to be born if my appointment was going to get cancelled. Needless to say I was disappointed but we went and had breakfast and then cruised the little town of Brunswick. Later in the afternoon we went to Portland so we can go to the mall and I can get dinner from Olive Garden. As the day ended I thanked my husband for taking the day off work and for taking me out of the house because it was something not only I enjoyed but the boys enjoyed it as well. Today we got to go on another outing because the power was shut off on base (which is where I live) all day so we went to different thrift shops and looked around. The power finally turned on around 4:30ish so my husband made dinner and we had a candlelit dinner while the kids were finishing up their naps and after we were done eating they woke up and they had dinner. As I type this message I hear the giggles of my man and little men and it warms my heart. This weekend has been filled with much needed rest and I am so grateful to be blessed beyond measure.

Aleida

1 comment:

Will & Abby's Life said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! I love piddling around town with Will...