Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow days brings half days sometimes...

This morning I have been dragging like you would not believe. For the past week and a half I have been in pure nesting mode and my house has been immaculate but for some reason this morning I woke up and looked outside to see the snow and I didn't want to do anything. I had my daily quiet time and felt a little better but as I made breakfast and washed dishes and then headed upstairs to get the boys I literally was worn out. I bathed the boys and got the ready for the day and then we went downstairs to eat banana nut muffins. Since then the boys have been running around and making messes and I just don't have the energy to clean up after them right now.

My husband just called me and told me that he was going to be coming home now because of the snow we are getting. (We are expected to receive anywhere from 6-10 inches of snow during the day and another 5-8 inches of snow tonight. We shall see.) He asks me if he should wait a little while longer so he can finish up some homework at work without distractions but I reminded him that during nap time he will have plenty of time to complete homework so he is happy about that. I am grateful he is coming home because it is just a nice day to have him here when I am in such a blah mood.

As for updates on Nathanael...He is still not on the growth chart for his age but according to his growth he is growing wonderfully. He is finally 21 pounds. His head is on the fifth percentile and I can't remember what it was but it figures that his head is bigger than anything else. He is always using that brain of his. It amazes me to watch these boys think and learn. They are getting so big. Nathanael is a bit on the short side but he is perfect in my eyes and I love him for being him. He definitely brings smiles to our hearts.

I pray the rest of you have a wonderful day and pray that we don't end up with a power outage or something. We are hoping we only get snow and not the mixture of ice and snow because that is what causes the power outages.

Aleida

No comments: