Thursday, March 19, 2009

14th Birthday

As I sit in complete silence this morning I have had time to do some reflecting and have time to tell you about it. This past Saturday, March 14th I celebrated with my husband my 14th spiritual birthday. March 14, 1995, I became a believer in Christ and accepted Him as my Savior. I must admit that throughout all these years I have not been as faithful to Him as He has been too me.

These past few months I have been so selfish and putting my own desires and plans first that I don't take the time I need to to really seek His Will. Yes, there are certain things I have entrusted to Him like our job situation, move situation, my kids, my husband but He has made it very clear to me that He wants all of me and not just parts of me. Why is it so hard for me to just give it all to Him? This has been my struggle and yet He comforts me and shows me He loves me all the time. I am so undeserving of His love but He gives it to me all the time. I don't deserve His grace and He shows me bits and pieces of this everyday through my children.

I am very grateful that He calls me His child but I realize that I need to change. I have been thinking and praying on this often within the past few months and I have seen how He has used certain situations to mold me into a better woman but as I have reached this milestone in life I have realized how far I am from where I need to be.

Hope you have a good day...

Aleida

No comments: